The Christian Center began its ministry on July 1, 1948 under the direction of founder Dan Demmin in an old house located at the corner of Perry and Hamilton in downtown Peoria, IL. The dream was to provide a place where Christians could grow and the lost could find Christ.
After just one year at this first location, the Center was relocated to a more spacious home at 2000 N. Knoxville Ave. and was opened to the public on October 7, 1949.
After many years of expanded programs and activities, the land was purchased to build a much larger multiple-use facility. On February 18, 1962, the new Christian Center was dedicated at the current address of 4100 N Brandywine Dr.
It was only fifteen years before the need for additional space prompted an expansion project. Completed in 1979, the new bowling center and office space made possible even wider community outreach.
Throughout the years, the dream of our founder has remained steadfast: to provide a place where Christians can grow and the lost can find Christ. This local missionary effort is made possible by the prayers, volunteers, and finances of area evangelical churches and interested individuals. Multi-denominational in usage, support, and ministry, The Christian Center has continued to provide facilities, programs, and activities as a means to share Jesus Christ.